Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Fox Farewell

As I watched the media coverage of the Edward Kennedy funeral mass yesterday, I decided to check in with Fox News to get some 'fair and balanced' perspective on the life and achievements of a man about to be laid to rest.

I endured about 2 minutes of coverage, and sat through a brief commentary by an anchor who felt it necessary to point out how fortunate we are to live in a country where some one like Ted Kennedy would not be jailed or beheaded for his views during times when his party was not in power. Obviously a nod to Kennedy's loyal opposition to the Bush presidency, I felt that this sort of idiocy was a bit inappropriate for airing during Kennedy's funeral procession (if it could ever be deemed appropriate, that is).

I decided to explore the Internet for other nuggets from Fox's coverage of Kennedy's funeral and burial, and found the clip below:



What do you think? Was Fox News inappropriate in airing this sort of commentary during the funeral coverage?

Also, if anyone can find the transcript of the commentary I reference above (I have so far been unable), please feel free to provide a link by commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment